5 Replies from Members were received as follows:-
1. The largest and most well known directory in the UK is: http://www.charitychoice.co.uk/
2. Advertise for what – vacancies? Third Sector, Guardian are both good but expensive, HCC does an in-house but widely read one which I can get details if this is the area in the question
3. I am unaware of any general publication that charities can advertise in. It is usually associated with the event, help or fund raising. Note advertising for charities is now zero rated for vat purposes.
4. It depends on the audience for the advertisement. So for example, there are publications relevant to social care, publications relevant to international development etc. In any case, I can’t think that there will be a general list anywhere of publications which charities can advertise in.
5. There are numerous publications that charities can advertise in, but it depends on what you are advertising as to which publication would be best. If it is jobs, then Third Sector is the bible http://www.thirdsector.co.uk. If it is for something else then you need to be more selective. There are no publications aimed purely at fundraising.