Working in the department presents a fantastic opportunity to work closely with a team of two partners with an established reputation in dealing with all aspects of transactional banking working including:
- all aspects of debt finance with a particular focus on real estate finance;
- assisting our corporate finance team with their merger and acquisition work;
- acting for the banks and other lenders on whose panels we sit;
- growth and venture capital transactional work;
- corporate reorganisations/restructurings; and
- debt advisory.
The team attracts a high quality of work from a broad range of clients (lenders and borrowers) in a wide range of sectors. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional levels of client care, case management, creativity and the ability to understand not only the detail but also to stand back and take in the bigger picture.
Such a role would be challenging but would offer the chance to enjoy a diverse range of quality work, working with professional, knowledgeable and supportive colleagues.
The ideal candidate will have specialised post qualification experience in a variety of transactional banking work. They will also have experience of working directly with clients.
In addition, the successful candidate must be a team player and possess the following attributes:
- Strong technical ability
- Exceptional client care skills
- The ability to communicate complex law, scenarios and solutions in a simple and clear way, both verbally and in writing
- Be organised and a good time manager
- The ability to think strategically and focus on outcome rather than just process
- A commercial mindset
Working in the Banking & Finance team represents a fantastic opportunity to work in the region’s market leading transactional team alongside 2 partners, 2 solicitors, and a trainee solicitor, supported by the department’s secretaries.
You’ll work alongside like-minded ambitious, friendly and supportive professionals to enable you to succeed in your career.
As a firm we strongly encourage a work-life balance and have various initiatives in place to make sure you’re supported. This support is far reaching and includes a mentorship programme, wellbeing initiatives and social activities.
We actively encourage open and transparent working environments across the firm so there is space for you to flourish as an individual.
Both of our offices are situated in the heart of a City, within walking distance from a train station, high street shops and green spaces. Winchester has a cathedral and a river running through it, whilst Southampton has a thriving port, a 10 minute walk from the office.