We are looking for a talented Legal Solutions Analyst with a strong understanding of software development to join our Legal Technology department. The right candidate will be an excellent team player who will assist in the development, testing, deployment, maintenance and support of applications that supports the firm in it’s use of legal technology. You will need to be highly organised and have the ability to work as part of a team to develop new applications as the business requires
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer the firm’s various legal applications, (in particular Liberate), including account and permission administration
- Logging and processing support calls in a timely fashion
- Analysis of call logs in order to discover any underlying issues or trends
- Maintaining the firm’s existing applications, analysing user problems and delivering solutions
- Log issues requiring escalation with the relevant suppliers and manage them through to resolution
- Develop reports as specified by the business, using the appropriate tools available
- Ensure documentation is created and maintained for current systems and all system developments
- Ensure that ITs’ customers and external suppliers receive the highest levels of service
- Proactively contribute ideas that will improve IT working practices and the solutions delivered to its’ customers
- Work with the IT Service Desk Team to ensure rapid response to all problems, ideas, issues and queries raised
- Communicate with users to determine the nature of any problems they encounter
- Discuss user requirements and any proposed solution with your Line Manager
- Deliver “train the trainer” style training to the Training team on new or updated functionality
- User profile creation and maintenance
- Support the development and customisation of the firm’s practice management system
- Support the implementation of any updates and hotfixes in respect of the firms practice management system
- Support junior members of the team e.g. the Legal Applications Analyst
- Such other reasonable tasks as may be allocated by your Line Manager
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- An understanding of software development and a keen desire to learn
- An aptitude for problem solving with a logical approach to troubleshooting
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with people
- Self-development skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as; Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Able to talk about technology in simple terms and a logical thinker
- Ability to demonstrate Positive Indicators from the firm’s core competencies
Working in the Legal Technology department presents a fantastic opportunity to work closely with a team consisting of 3 other members. You will work alongside the Technology Director, Legal Technology Training Manager and Legal Applications Analyst.
You’ll work alongside like-minded ambitious, friendly and supportive professionals to enable you to succeed in your career.
As a firm we strongly encourage a work-life balance and have various initiatives in place to make sure you’re supported. This support is far reaching and includes a mentorship programme, wellbeing initiatives and social activities.
We actively encourage open and transparent working environments across the firm so there is space for you to flourish as an individual.
Both of our offices are situated in the heart of a City, within walking distance from a train station, high street shops and green spaces. Winchester has a cathedral and a river running through it, whilst Southampton has a thriving port, a 10 minute walk from the office.