We are looking for a passionate Legal Technology Trainer with an awareness for technology and an enthusiasm to learn by joining our Legal Technology department. The right candidate will work within the IT Department as part of the Legal Technology Training function to assist in the development and delivery of high-quality training to the Firm’s end users of its chosen applications. The main system used within Paris Smith is the Linetime Liberate PMS (Practice Management System) and this role will require assisting in the day-to-day support of users ad hoc software support queries.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Delivering IT Induction training to new starters
- Provide face to face and virtual classroom, one-to-one training, and floor walking
- Provide clear explanations and demonstrations of software functionalities and features, ensuring participants grasp concepts effectively
- Offer pre and post training support via email, telephone, video or in person
- Monitor and respond to, in a timely manner, any IT training tickets received on the third-party ticketing system
- Assist the Technology Training Manager develop learning courseware and end user documentation, consistently resolving issues or queries to ensure courseware is in a final state
- Assist in developing eLearning modules as required to supplement and/or replace IT training classes
- Assist the Technology Training Manager in ensuring learning courseware and end user documentation is regularly reviewed
- Participate in projects that have a training requirement, including product testing
- Proactively contribute ideas that will improve IT working practices and the solutions delivered to its’ customers
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- A good awareness of technology and enthusiasm to learn
- An aptitude for problem solving with a logical approach to troubleshooting
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with people
- Self-development skills and a willingness to learn new skills & technologies
- Previous experience of legal practice management systems, (especially Linetime Liberate), would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Ability to provide step-by-step help, both written and verbal
- Ability to demonstrate positive indicators from the firm’s core competencies.
The Legal Technology Department is made up of 3 people, the Technology Director, Legal Technology Training Manager and Legal Applications Analyst. You will report into the Legal Technology Training Manager.
You’ll work alongside like-minded ambitious, friendly and supportive professionals to enable you to succeed in your career.
As a firm we strongly encourage a work-life balance and have various initiatives in place to make sure you’re supported. This support is far reaching and includes a mentorship programme, wellbeing initiatives and social activities.
We actively encourage open and transparent working environments across the firm so there is space for you to flourish as an individual.
Both of our offices are situated in the heart of a City, within walking distance from a train station, high street shops and green spaces. Winchester has a cathedral and a river running through it, whilst Southampton has a thriving port, a 10 minute walk from the office.