As a result of further expansion of our already highly successful team, we are looking for an enthusiastic and conscientious lawyer with experience of property finance work (experience in the specialist lending market is of particular interest) to join the firm’s highly regarded Property Finance team of 20+ based in Winchester.
The Property Finance team currently comprises solicitors, experienced fee-earning paralegals and support staff.
The role involves acting for a variety of lenders in reporting upon, taking and perfecting security over buy-to-let, semi-commercial or commercial properties from individuals, trusts, companies and limited liability partnerships with a combination of term, bridging and development finance. It also involves an awareness of corporate issues and a need to liaise and work closely with our corporate and banking team on a regular basis. In the sector of the market in which the team operate, prompt attention to transactions (and any issues that arise) is a minimum expectation and a constructive, commercial and proactive approach essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible for running their own transactions and must possess the following attributes:
- Effective communication – including clear, concise and jargon free communication with all parties;
- Sound technical knowledge – including the ability to review and analyse facility letters, title documents, planning documents (including statutory agreements), rack rent and long leases, and transactional documents;
- Attention to detail – including the ability to swiftly identify any issues that may present a barrier to the progress of the transaction;
- Commerciality – including the ability to identify and articulate a commercial, proportionate and appropriate solution to issues identified during the course of a transaction;
- A high standard of financial hygiene – including the ability to ensure that appropriate work is priced at the correct level, that any changes to cost are communicated at an appropriate stage and maximum recovery is achieved;
- Teamwork and mentoring – including the ability to work effectively with other team members contributing to the progress of the transaction, and encourage and mentor the junior solicitors and paralegals in the team; and
- A high degree of personal responsibility – including the ability to review and approve work from junior solicitors and paralegals, and to take on a key role in maintaining and developing relationships with clients.
The candidate will have 3-5 years PQE in dealing with transactional property work.
This is an excellent opportunity to join and grow with an exciting and engaged team, with a genuine chance of progression in a well-established firm.
In return we offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive range of benefits and a first-class team working environment within a leading regional law practice.
Please email your C.V. to: email@example.com