How we can help with special educational needs
If your child has special educational needs we can help:
- understand a local authorities duties and obligations to assess a child or young person’s education, health and care needs where they may have SEN and they may need special educational provision to be made for them at a level or of a kind which requires an assessment of a child or young person’s education, health and care needs;
- challenge the contents of your child’s statement of special education needs or Education and Health Care (EHC) plan to the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) tribunal;
- respond to a local authority (LA) when presented with an EHC Plan or decision;
- when there is a transfer of an EHC from one LA to another;
- with any review or reassessment matters;
- prepare for a mediation or appeal process; and
- challenge the failure of a school and/or the local authority to provide special educational needs.
We also advise schools and academies as to their legal obligations under various statutes and legislation.