Paris Smith LLP is one of the South’s leading law firms with a clear strategy and vision for the future. We are committed to ensuring that clients have a positive experience with the firm, and to inspire our people to reach their full potential aligned to our values.
Due to continued growth in this area of work, it is necessary to recruit further support for the team.
The role will include managing your own case load of deputy and attorney administration files as well as providing support to fee earners within the Tax & Estate Planning department.
The main responsibilities include:
- running attorney (and some Deputy) files which do not require Grade C involvement;
- liaising with all parties of a file regarding day to day management – families with issues, approving payments with Deputy, organising property sales, organising care and financial assessments and general filtering of enquiries;
- arranging approval and payment of invoices online and/or cheque books;
- monthly updating of internal accounts (SRA requirement) to reconcile with bank statements for every client ;
- OPG annual returns;
- preparing and submitting file bundles for SCCO assessment with Costs Draftsman;
- preparation of LPAs;
- preparation of EPA registration docs ; and
- initial drafting of applications to the Court of Protection
The key attributes for this role:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised
- A good team player
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Ability to work with figures
- A degree in law and some Court of Protection experience would be a distinct advantage
- Good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
In return we offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive range of benefits and a first-class working environment within a leading regional law practice.
To apply for this job please email a covering letter and C.V. to email@example.com.