Understanding your data protection obligations under the GDPR
The General Data Protection Regulation requires companies to demonstrate a much greater level
of compliance than is currently imposed under the Data Protection Act 1998. The penalties for
non-compliance are significantly increased and understanding the implications of GDPR for your
business is crucial.
The GDPR training will cover the following key areas:
- Getting to grips with the basics:
- Understanding current obligations with regard to the processing of personal data and how this continues under GDPR
- Understanding the jargon!
- Understanding your lawful obligations under the 8 Data Protection Principles
- Understanding lawful processing and why ‘consent’ is not always the best legal basis for processing in a commercial and/or employment setting
- Looking more closely at ‘consent’ and the changes that GDPR introduces to ensure consent is valid
- Information audit
- Communicating privacy information
- Record of Processing activities
- The increased rights of data subjects
- Subject Access Requests and what is changing under GDPR
- Data Breach requirements
- Data Protection by Design and Default
- Data impact assessments
- Whether you should appoint a DPO
- International transfers
Who should attend?
The ideal delegate for this course would be Owners, CEOs, Managing, HR and Finacne directors, and compliance teams
£75 + VAT per person
** £750 + VAT per organisation (for 30 delegates or less – £75 + VAT per additional delegate)
* Please note all our training sessions are non-refundable but places are transferable.
“Very useful, refreshed my knowledge of processes and advised on information I had not been aware of”