These terms and conditions apply to membership of the Paris Smith Charity Forum (PSCF). Reference to “you” is reference to you and other registered members of the Paris Smith Charity Forum (PSCF). Reference to “we” and “us” is reference to Paris Smith LLP
Reference to “the Professionals” is to members of the panel of lawyers, accountants, bankers, property specialists, fundraisers and such other charity specialists who are members of PSCF and participate in the PSCF from time to time
We use the term “charities” throughout these terms and conditions to include charities, not for profit and third sector organisations
We reserve the right to change or update the terms and conditions without prior notice. Any revisions to these membership terms and conditions will be notified to the member via email.
The aim of the PSCF is to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information between chief executives and trustees of charities us and the Professionals
2.1 As a member of the PSCF you will be able to access a range of benefits designed to achieve ourAims.
2.2 Members benefits may change from time to time without prior notice. For a full list of current benefits please visit ‘Charity Forum’ page on our website. Further details of the conditions applying to each benefit are set out below
3.1 PSCF membership is individual and not organisational.
3.2 Membership of the PSCF does not attract either a joining fee or an annual membership fee.
3.3 Application for membership is by completing the application form online or in the hard copy available from Sandy Waters and subject to your agreement with these terms and conditions.
3.4 We reserve the right to independently verify the information provided in your application for membership and to refuse membership at our discretion.
4 TRANSFER OF MEMBERSHIP
PSCF membership is not transferable.
5.1 PSCF membership commences immediately your email address has been validated.
5.2 To cancel your membership you need only notify us either in writing or via email.
5.3 Your membership of PSCF will automatically terminate when you no longer hold any ongoing role with a charity.
5.4 Your membership of PSCF may be terminated by us at any time at our absolute discretion.
6 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY ON US AND THE PROFESSIONALS
6.1 To the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law, we exclude liability for ourselves and the professionals for:-
6.1.1 loss, injury or damage to persons or property;
6.1.2 any actual or alleged, direct or indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever arising suffered by you or any loss of profits, anticipated profits, savings, loss of business revenue, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or any other type of economic loss (whether direct or indirect) arising under or in connection with the PSCF, your membership of the PSCF or any information, advice, documentation or publication issued or provided in connection with the PSCF
6.2 All warranties and conditions implied by statute or common law are hereby excluded.
6.3 Nothing in these terms and conditions limit our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or any other matter liability for which cannot be excluded by law.
7 DATA PROTECTION
7.1 We collect, store and process your personal data only for the purposes of meeting the objects and benefits of the Paris Smith Charity Forum as stated in these terms and conditions, including sharing such personal data with the Professionals, our event co-hosts, sponsors, exhibitors and partners, for such purposes. For further information on how we process your personal data and your rights under data protection laws, please see our Privacy Notice.
7.2 If you would like to change any details, refine your mailing list preferences or remove your name from our mailing list, please email Sandy Waters or write to her at Paris Smith, 1 London Road, Southampton, SO15 2AE or telephone Sandy on 023 8048 2247.
8 RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
No person that is not a party to this Agreement shall have the right (whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (the “Act”) or otherwise) to enforce these terms and conditions between us without our prior written agreement.
9.1 If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions are invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
9.2 If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision of these terms and conditions would be valid, enforceable and legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid and enforceable.
10 GOVERNING LAW
These terms and conditions and any contractual or non-contractual claim or dispute arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
You hereby irrevocably agree that the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Membership of the PSCF includes access to the following:-
• PSCF forums;
• PSCF via Connect;
• PSCF annual event;
• Promotional material
1 PSCF FORUMS
The objects of the forums are:-
• To provide information through presentations on issues or in subject matters of direct relevance and interest to charities;
• To facilitate the creation of connections between leading individuals within different charities;
• To provide the opportunity for Chief Executives and trustees of charities to meet and exchange ideas and experiences with their peers and the Professionals; and
• In the case of Travelling Forums to arrange a forum in response to a request from either a single group of not less than 10 individual members each representing a different organisation or a member of a single organisation with an excess of 100 employees or an annual turnover of £1million to be held at a location convenient to the group or organisation
The venue of the forum will be determined at our absolute discretion. However, we will be pleased to hear from the membership and give consideration to any suggestions there may be.
In the case of the Travelling Forum, the final location and timing of the Travelling Forum shall be decided by us at our absolute discretion. The cost of the hire of the venue where this is outside of an organisation’s or member’s own premises will be borne by the Group requesting the Travelling Forum
• We may (at our sole discretion) change the format, speakers, participants, programme or any other aspect of the content of the Forums at any time and for any reason without liability.
• We may change the venue for the Forums provided that we shall endeavour to ensure that the new venue is within a reasonable distance of the original venue
• We may at our sole discretion change the Professionals invited to participate in any Forum at any time and for any reason without liability
1.4 POSTPONEMENT OR CANCELLATION BY US
• We may change the date of or cancel the Forums at any time for any reason. We shall give you as much notice as possible if we change the date for any Forum
1.5 ATTENDANCE AT FORUMS
• We may (at our sole discretion) refuse admission to, or eject from any Forums, any person, including (without limitation) any person who fails to comply with these terms and conditions or who in our opinion represents a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Forum.
• You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions issued by us or the venue owners at any Forum.
• All unauthorised photography and the recording or transmitting of audio or visual material is expressly prohibited. You consent to the filming, sound recording and photography of any Forums as a delegate and you consent to our use of any such recording or photography for promotional, marketing and other purposes.
2 PSCF ANNUAL EVENT
The objects of the PSCF Annual Event are:-
• To provide information through presentations on issues or in areas of direct relevance and interest to charities through keynote speakers;
• To provide opportunities for connections between key individuals from different charities and to exchange ideas and experiences with your peers and the Professionals.
• The venue of the PSCF Annual Event will be determined at our absolute discretion.
• A small charge to cover expenses may apply to attendees at the Annual Event.
• We may (at our sole discretion) change the format, speakers, participants, programme or any other aspect of the content of the Annual Event at any time and for any reason without liability.
• We may change the venue for the Annual Event provided that we shall endeavour to ensure that the new venue is within a reasonable distance of the original venue
2.4 POSTPONEMENT OR CANCELLATION BY US
• We may change the date of or cancel the Annual Event at any time for any reason. We shall give you as much notice as possible if we change the date for the Annual Event.
3 PSCF VIA CONNECT
To harness the extensive experience and expertise collectively available through the membership of PSCF and the Professionals and to provide a mechanism whereby that knowledge can be applied for the benefit of members
3.2 SUBMISSION OF ENQUIRIES
3.2.1 Members must submit enquiries via email to the following address:email@example.com
3.2.2 Members must nominate whether the enquiry is intended either for (i) the whole membership including the Professionals, or (ii) the Professionals only, or (iii) the membership excluding the Professionals.
3.2.3 Members are to specify whether the enquiry is to be circulated anonymously
3.2.4 Members enquiries should be limited to not more than fifty words.
3.2.5 Members are responsible for ensuring that the content of the enquiry contains no sensitive information or information which otherwise is not intended for or should not be made available for public consumption.
3.3 CIRCULATION OF ENQUIRIES
3.3.1 Enquiries will be circulated via email to the nominated section of the PSCF upon the day of receipt if received before 3.00pm or on the next working day if received after 3.00pm.
3.3.2 We reserve the right at our absolute discretion to decline to circulate an enquiry for the attention of the PSCF and shall not be required to give reasons for our decision.
3.4 RESPONSES TO ENQUIRIES
3.4.1 Enquiries submitted to PSCF membership shall remain active for five working days however we will endeavour to pass on replies received after this period
3.4.2 We shall not be deemed, by virtue of compiling and passing on responses, to have approved or in any way considered any responses proffered by a member or Professional
3.4.3 A member receiving a response to a question raised via Connect acknowledges that the respondent is merely expressing a personal opinion or view, that the respondent gives no warranty that the information it provides is true and accurate, and that a response does not replace the need for a full and proper evaluation of the issue, consideration of all options available, the taking of proper professional advice (where appropriate) and resolving on a suitable solution in line with the charity’s objectives.
To disseminate noteworthy and topical issues and a question and answer section that are likely to be relevant to a significant proportion of the membership
4.2 CIRCULATION OF NEWSLETTERS
Newsletters will be circulated via email.
Newsletters will be compiled by us and the Professionals. Articles may be submitted by members for inclusion but we reserve the right at our absolute discretion to decline to include any article and shall not be required to give reasons for our decisions.
5 PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
To provide materials from us and the Professionals on matters specific to charities.
5.2 CIRCULATION OF PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL
Promotional material will be submitted by email.