- Employment contracts and staff handbooks
- Performance and absence management processes
- Protected conversations and settlement agreements
- ET and EAT litigation
- Redundancies and restructuring
- TUPE and corporate support
- Agency worker regulations
- GDPR in the employment and HR context
- Right to work checks and penalties
- Sponsors licences
- Compliance visits
- Visas for employees (e.g. Tier 2 visas and the Points Based System)
- Joining family in the UK
- British citizenship
- Permanent residence applications for EU nationals
- Settlement/indefinite leave to remain
- Working or studying under the Points Based System (e.g. Tier 2, Tier 4 (students) or Tier 5 (temporary workers))
- Advice if you want to run a business in the UK under a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and/or invest funds in a UK business
Charlotte qualified as a solicitor in September 2012 and since then has acted for both companies and individuals providing practical, commercial and targeted advice on all issues relating to HR and employment law.
She regularly advises on day to day HR issues including disciplinary, grievance and performance processes, discrimination and family friendly rights. In addition she has extensive experience advising on the prospect of bringing or defending a claim in the Employment Tribunal and supporting her clients through the full Tribunal process.
Charlotte frequently assists her clients with draft contracts and policies and negotiating the path of changing terms and conditions of employment. She also supports the corporate team with advice on commercial matters, including TUPE and large scale company reorganisations.
Charlotte advises on a range of business and personal immigration issues including visas under the Points Based System. Charlotte has experience in assisting clients with personal applications such as applying to join partners and spouses in the UK and settling in the UK. Charlotte also has experience on advising individuals on the reporting requirements should their relationship break down and alternative options to remain in the UK in these circumstances. Charlotte also has experience in advising EU nationals on their rights, including permanent residence and options for children to acquire British Citizenship depending on their circumstances.
Charlotte also advises on business immigration matters, including advising employers on their obligations as sponsors, conducting appropriate right to work checks and reporting requirements.
Charlotte provides in house training to HR teams and managers as well as presenting at seminars (ranging from small group case studies to large seminars with over 150 attendees). She is also a member of the Employment Lawyers Association and the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association.
- Are you and your EU citizen workers ready for Brexit?
- Transferring personal data to the U.S.
- Sponsoring migrant workers
- Coronavirus and immigration implications for employers and sponsors – FAQs
- Coronavirus and immigration FAQs for individuals
- Points-based immigration system post Brexit – Updated guidance from Home Office
I’d just like to thank you for dealing with my redundancy case. You were both professional and friendly from the first point of contact and broke down the contractual elements of my case for me to understand. You’ve made what is quite a stressful period easier to deal with and I wouldn’t hesitate to contact you again for any future legal representation.
I am so pleased I’ve used Paris Smith to help steer us through our GDPR Interpretation – the team were approachable, smart and knowledgeable.
- Larry Haywood, Head of Compliance
I was recently made redundant and needed legal representation. I have found Charlotte to be very helpful and hardworking, checking for my understanding throughout and working evenings to ensure she met what was an incredibly tight deadline; overall this has made a difficult situation much less stressful. I would like to thank Charlotte for her expertise and her personable approach, allowing me to wrap up a difficult time with a satisfactory outcome
Your advice and guidance on a recent employment matter was extremely helpful, to the point and gratefully appreciated. I would be happy to recommend Paris Smith who were efficient and thorough in the legal service and advice offered. I felt relieved and secure with the support, counsel and your professional manner throughout
Charlotte has gone well beyond what could reasonably be expected to bring an employment matter to a timely conclusion. Throughout the process she has been very helpful, understanding and friendly, provided clear and succinct advice, and regular updates.