- commercial contracts including outsourcing, servicing, franchising, agency and distribution
- constitutional and corporate governance issues
- joint ventures and collaboration
- outsourcing and servicing agreements
- IT agreements
- software development
- data protection
- Business sales
Having spent the first 14 years of my legal career at firms in London, I joined Paris Smith as leader of the commercial team in June 2011.
My clients include large international corporate as well as smaller owner managed businesses. My experience covers a wide range of sectors including financial services, automotive, healthcare, leisure, consumer, food and drinks, rail and technology.
Recent work highlights:
- Advising Uteron Pharma on its sale to Actavis Corp. for consideration of up to USD 305 million
- Drafting and advising R Raphael & Sons Plc on a software development and licence agreement in respect of a new banking platform for their retail banking accounts
- Advising YY Online Services Limited on the acquisition of the Yachts and Yachting Website
- Drafting and advising a well established international rail booking service, upon a software development and licence agreement with a specialist developer for a new software application to drive an interactive website
- Drafting a suite of standard conditions for Nolan Business Solutions, an international solution provider who implements leading mid-market business systems and custom developed software applications
- Can I prevent my reseller from selling my goods online?
- What does “consequential loss” actually mean?
- Standard terms – when do they have to be reasonable?
- How enforceable are liquidated damages?
- Counterfeit websites blocked in trade mark infringement case
Very pleased to have had Crispin work on a number of important matters in recent years. Great confidence in his expertise, attention to detail and overall commercial approach to seeing an instruction through to a positive conclusion within realistic time frames.
CARL VIRGO, HEAD OF CONSUMER FINANCE, R RAPHAEL & SONS PLC