- Divorce and dissolution of civil partnership
- Financial consequences of relationship breakdown
- Private children matters
Heather is an Associate in our Family team. She advises on all aspects of family law to include divorce, financial settlements arising therefrom (to include enforcement and variation claims) and complex private children matters. Her clients include sports personalities, business owners, members of the medical profession, farmers and landowners.
In addition Heather is a member of Resolution, a national organisation committed to resolving family matters through constructive and non-confrontational means, and has assisted clients involved in mediation and arbitration. She is also familiar with and open to all dispute resolution options, enabling her to help clients choose the most appropriate options to move matters forward.
Heather’s commitment to Resolution has seen her elected to both the Hampshire Resolution committee as well as being elected Vice Chairperson of Hampshire Young Resolution committee (YRes) ensuring that she is at the forefront of developments in family law.
Heather has been named as a key lawyer in the leading independent directory, The Legal 500.
Heather’s experience includes:
- advising in respect of financial settlements involving complex trust and company structures;
- assisting to advise and draft multi-million pound pre-nuptial agreements;
- acting for parents to resolve living and educational arrangements for their children to include obtaining a court order that her client’s son live with him having previously lived with his mother;
- acting for fathers in contested court proceedings to obtain permission to move to different countries with their children;
- resolving cohabitation disputes and drafting deeds of separation following the same.
I really do wish to thank you for all your help – as none of this would have been possible without you. Your professional and practical approach is very much appreciated, and it has made an already difficult process a lot easier knowing where I stand, which has been entirely down to your good diligence and sound advice. Thank you once again, Heather, for all your help.
- TA for Heather Souter
Thank you very much for your good work. Also a particular thanks to Heather – I found her approach, manner and professionalism most re-assuring for a client in a high pressure and emotionally taxing scenario, and I suspect she will go far…
- NM for Heather Souter