- Divorce, separation and relationship breakdown
- Financial and property claims
- Collaborative law
I am an associate solicitor in the family team with over 10 years experience specialising in financial matters arising on relationship breakdown and child law. My client base includes accountants, company directors, the medical professionals and sports personalities.
I am a collaborative lawyer and an active member of Resolution, the family body committed to resolving matters in a constructive manner. I am solution focused and recognise each client has unique needs and objectives.
I regularly contribute articles for the media, including national publications such as the Family Law Journal.
My work often involves high and ultra high value cases involving multiple private and public company structures, offshore trusts, and complex pension arrangements.
- Family Law Journal October 2014: Private children: much ado about nothing?
- Family Law Journal April 2013: “Always a Privilege”
- Family Law Journal January 2014: Periodical Payments
- Family Law Journal April 2011: Children: sharing parenting
- Family Law Journal Marc 2011: Children: geographical issues
I received a brilliant service from Helen Cort. She is so professional. A real asset to your firm.
I have experienced a long drawn out divorce and I was let down by my previous solicitor at the last minute. Helen Cort was exceptional and despite last minute notice, served my case very well. Thank you very much.
One source notes “Their approach to cases and the service they offer is absolutely first class,” while another interviewee states that Paris Smith is the “go-to for financial remedies“.
Chambers & Partners Legal Directory 2019
The number one matrimonial finance team in Hampshire with great depth of experience and talent.
Legal 500 2018-19
Professional and efficient service provided with a personal touch.