- General commercial landlord and tenant work: I am regularly instructed by landlords and tenants to deal with new leases, renewals and assignments. I often advise on and negotiate leases of business premises in Hampshire and London.
- Commercial freehold and leasehold sales and acquisitions: I am instructed by both buyers and sellers of commercial premises, often working with corporate colleagues as part of the purchase or sale of a wider business interest. I am also called upon by institutional lenders to ensure that title is good and marketable prior to release of funds to a borrower client.
- Corporate support: I support colleagues in the corporate department by advising on the property related aspects of a business sale or acquisition including, for instance, working closely with corporate clients to provide replies to property due diligence enquiries, drafting property contract provisions into Share or Business Purchase Agreements and reporting on title. This often involves working to very strict deadlines to ensure that time critical deals are ready to complete.
- Banking: I work as part of a wider team instructed by the firm’s banking department to act for institutional lenders in multi-million pound refinances of large businesses and property portfolios.
- Planning: I work with developer clients to advise on and negotiate terms of Section 106 and 278 Agreements in small to mid size developments. I have more recently acted for banks in reviewing and commenting upon planning agreements and associated performance bonds.
I qualified as a solicitor in the Commercial Property department in July 2016.
I advise a number of businesses and lenders in relation to their commercial property interests, combining quality advice with speed and efficiency to ensure that transactions are progressed to completion without undue delay or complication.
I have experience in a number of property sub-specialisms which enables me to identify and resolve potential issues in transactions before they materialise and ensure that my clients are provided with commercial solutions that best suit their requirements.
Henry was incredibly efficient and very thoughtful throughout our selling process. He provided a truly excellent service.
Mr and Mrs Cannings