- Divorce, separation and relationship breakdown
- Financial and property claims
- Collaborative law
- Pre-nuptial agreements
- Civil partnership agreements
- Cohabitants and living together agreements
- Against estate of deceased person
- Expert witness, litigation and ADR support
I deal with all aspects of Family Law, but have developed particular expertise in high and mid value financial cases, co-habitee disputes, Schedule 1 Children Act 1989 matters, Living Together Agreements for unmarried couples and Pre-nuptial Agreements. I also regularly deal with claims by surviving spouses, ex spouses and co-habitees upon death. My client base includes prominent captains of industry and leading professional sports persons.
In addition to Membership of Resolution, I am a qualified Collaborative lawyer, and am helping to drive Collaborative Law forwards in the southern region.
I regularly contribute articles for the media, including national publications such as the Family Law Journal. I have also given radio interviews on cohabitee matters and have regularly chaired seminars on all manner of topics all along the south coast.
Since 2014 I have been Paris Smith’s Finance Partner, responsible for managing all internal and external financial matters affecting the firm.
- Chambers and Partners 2020, Band 1: Huw Miles is widely regarded as a leading family law practitioner and regularly assists clients with high-value matrimonial finance matters. “He helps to keep his clients’ expectations realistic and helps them to see their divorce in terms of negotiating the best deal achievable,” notes one interviewee who adds: “While he is businesslike, he also shows consideration and care towards his clients.”
- Chambers and Partners 2019, Band 1: Huw Miles is an expert in handling nuptial agreements, cohabitee disputes and high net worth financial remedy cases. One client notes his ability to combine “a fiercely intelligent mind and exceptionally diligent thoroughness with a humane and pragmatic understanding.”
- Chambers and Partners 2018, Band 1: Huw provides clients with deep expertise in the full range of matrimonial finance cases. He has particular experience in matters involving business assets, trusts and real estate portfolios. Sources say: “He immediately builds up a good rapport with clients and remains calm throughout.”
- Legal 500 2018-19 Edition, Tier 1: Huw Miles ‘always brilliant’, collaboratively trained and ‘is tenacious in getting the best deals for his clients’ and ‘looks for a collaborative outcome but is able to argue a point if necessary’.
- Where’s the Justice?
- Divorce – When is it not about money?
- One divorce size does not fit all
- Caring employers take note
Collaborative law in practice – hear from the people who really matter: the clients. The couple in this film are real-life graduates of the collaborative law process who have agreed to share their experiences. In it, they talk about the process itself, some of the difficult issues in their case, and what the process has meant for their future as a family.
Huw is a highly accomplished and much respected solicitor working in the field of family law. He is wholly committed to his clients, is utterly thorough and has a great eye for detail. He always provides excellent, timely and practical advice laced with proportionality and commercial good sense. I would thoroughly recommend him.
- Edward Boydell, Barrister