Ian is a Notary Public and was a consultant in our Conveyancing team.
Following his retirement from full-time practice, Ian continues to provide notarial services which may include:
- buying or selling property abroad, documents may need to be signed in the presence of a Notary Public
- Certified copies of original documents can be prepared by a Notary Public to be used abroad
- Documents can be authenticated by a Notary Public
- Swearing an Affidavit or making a Statutory Declaration before a Notary Public for use abroad
- Legal document authentication
- Shipping protests
- Bills of Exchange protests
- Certified copies of original documents prepared for use abroad.
In every case an individual will need to be identified by the Notary by the production of an item of photographic identification (such as passport or photo card driving licence) plus an additional original document such as a recent utility bill or bank statement bearing name and present address. Companies may also need to be identified.