- Promotion (reps for SHLAA, Neighbourhood Plans and Development Plans).
- Preparation of planning statements.
- Submission of planning applications (full, outline and subsequent discharge/variation of conditions and non-material amendments).
- Preparation and submission of planning appeals.
- Preparation of objection letter’s.
Joshua is a Planning Consultant within the Planning Department, based in Southampton. He manages various planning matters such as initial advise to clients; preliminary and comprehensive site appraisals; promotion of sites through the Local and Neighbourhood Plan process; and the preparation, submission and monitoring of a planning applications for a variety of clients.
Recent schemes have included:
- Outline planning application for 51 dwellings in the Countryside.
- Appeal for Mixed Use scheme, consisting of 14 apartments, office space and associated works.
- Biomass Gasification Plant (for electricity production).
- Specialist Medical Care Facility within the Green Belt.
- Isolated dwellings in the South Downs National Park and High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Representations on behalf of land owners to emerging Neighbourhood Plans.
Joshua holds an MSc in Development Planning from the University of Reading, a BSc in Geography from the University of Sussex and is a Licentiate Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Planning policy issues around golf course redevelopment (Part 2)
- Golf Course Redevelopment or Diversification Planning (Part 1)
- Local Authority ‘Call for Sites’ – Promotion of sites for future development