- IP non contentious contract drafting and negotiation
- IP litigation and dispute resolution
- IP strategy
- IP portfolio management
- IP due diligence and corporate transactional support
- Joint ventures and collaborations
- Information technology – non contentious contract drafting and negotiation.
Laura spent many years at niche intellectual property firms and teams in London and joined Paris Smith in 2012 to head up the IP and IT team.
Laura is an intellectual property lawyer who delivers commercial solutions based on legal argument. Her experience covers all aspects of commercial intellectual property and IT law for multinationals through to SMEs and individuals. She has particular expertise in the technology sector.
- Preparation of IP strategy for major UK company and implementation of the strategic issues
- Successful defence of patent entitlement claim and assignment of patent back to our client
- Construction and maintenance of International trade mark portfolio
- Construction of whole suite of IT related contracts for a globally known software gaming company
- Oh I, oh why, might it be copyright infringement?
- GDPR comes into force today!
- Education worker fined £850 following conviction for data protection breach (Magistrates’ Court)
- Charities take note – Fundraising Regulator updates fundraising code in line with GDPR
- How would Uber’s data breach be viewed under the GDPR?
Laura was a real find for us. Having been in business 23 years and had various encounters with Lawyers, it was refreshing to get a professional who actually wants to build a relationship with you and understand your business through and through. Thank you Laura.
- Martin Saunders, Owner, PushkablueData Communications Ltd
Paris Smith has helped us with regard to the protection and exploitation of our intellectual property along with giving us a lot of help and advice in becoming GDPR compliant. We were really happy with the service we received and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone.
- Karen Read, Director
Wetwheels Solent CIC
The Blue Lamp Trust charity needed to ensure copyright and trade mark protection for an image it had created for its business and turned to Laura Trapnell for assistance. Laura proved both very knowledgeable and helpful, steering us through what seemed a complex process, in clear and easy to follow steps. I am confident we would not have achieved our copyright and trade mark without Laura’s professional assistance and would have no hesitation in recommending her to any client in need of assistance with Intellectual Property.
- Jim Bettley, General Manager
The Blue Lamp Trust
This is to confirm that Laura Trapnell of Paris Smith has been acting for Jane Austen’s House Museum in relation to both our registered trade marks and wider IP.
Laura has always given the Museum an excellent professional service and we appreciate how she has tailored her advice to the needs of our charity.
- Mary Guyatt, Director
Jane Austen's House Museum
Intellectual property department head Laura Trapnell is ‘quick to respond and always really helpful with fantastic customer service‘.
Legal 500 2018-19