- Land acquisition and disposal
- Joint ventures
- Landowner and equalisation agreements
- Planning and infrastructure agreements
- Landlord and tenant advice relating to offices, shops, warehouses and other commercial properties
- Investment portfolios
- Mixed use redevelopment schemes
Mark and his dedicated team offer comprehensive legal services to meet the demands and needs of clients. His approach entails coupling a clear understanding of clients’ requirements with the technical know how required to complete complex property and development transactions.
Mark is known for his ability to deliver to clients’ schedules no matter how tight and whether strategic or transactional. Mark is supported by a team of over 40 planning, banking and commercial property lawyers.
Clients include national and regional commercial and residential developers, landowners, Local Authorities, marina operators, retailers and restaurateurs.
Recent work includes:
- Major infrastructure and development projects
- High value leasehold transactions
- Refinancing of property portfolios
- Negotiating and completing site disposals in conjunction with Kickstart Gap Funding provided by the Homes and Communities Agency
- Non-competition leasehold covenants
- Modifying historic covenants
- Enforcement of positive covenants
- Overage agreement triggers
- The danger of not taking restrictive covenants seriously
Mark Withers regularly represents clients on the acquisition and disposal of commercial property. Clients remark: “He is quite forensic, good on detail and has an ability to see the bigger picture.”
Chambers and Partners 2020
Mark Withers has recently advised on a number of residential development schemes. He also has expertise in commercial landlord and tenant matters, and is central to the firm’s work on port and marina property.
Chambers and Partners 2018