- Negotiating financial settlements on divorce and marriage breakdown
- Complex children matters including private law, special guardianship, adoption, maintenance claims
- Schedule 1 Children Act claims (applying and defending); obtaining housing and lump sums for single mothers on behalf of children
- Pre and post nuptial agreements (same and opposite sex)
- Civil partnership dissolution
- Mediation and collaborative law
- Acting for clients in Arbitration
- Bringing/defending claims after an overseas divorce (Part III claims)
I have specialised in family law for over 30 years and during that time have built up a huge knowledge of family law issues. I am able to help clients choose the right options for them and because of my various skills I am able to help, whether as a court advocate, mediator or collaborative lawyer. I am solution focused and give total commitment to clients in helping them to achieve their desired outcomes.
I have vast experience in dealing with complex financial cases with both a national and international element. I have represented clients including high profile business people, the judiciary, landowners, trustees, media stars and international sportsmen. I am the regular ‘go to’ person for many lawyers who have personal problems and so that should speak volumes. I realise that for people with significant wealth choosing the right lawyer is essential. If you or your partner fit that profile I am always happy to give an initial overview on a no obligation basis.
Although based in Hampshire, many of my clients come from far and wide. A great deal of my work is London based, where many clients welcome paying regional rates for quality advice. I am happy to meet clients in London or arrange consultations via Skype. I am the most senior member of the team and formerly head of department. As well as dealing with day to day family issues, I also sit on the board of the firm responsible for implementing the firm’s strategy.
I sit on the Skills & Support Working Party of Resolution and was involved in the production of the DVD “Managing Difficult Divorce Relationships”. I regularly put together training programmes for other members of the profession.
My most recent reported cases are:
- S -v- S  EWHC 4251 (Fam)
- SA -v- PA  EWHC 392
I have been named as one of the leading family lawyers in the South for many years and regularly had a number 1 ranking from the leading independent directory, Chambers UK. Independent clients and lawyers have said the following:
- Chambers 2019 said, he has a broad practice, advising on both contentious and non-contentious matters. He acts on cases involving children, as well as financial cases. Davies is additionally experienced in ADR.
- Chambers 2018 said, “He is incredibly bright and finds innovative solutions to problems,” according to market sources. Clients also praise him as “knowledgeable and quick to respond.” He impresses with his handling of children disputes and financial cases.
- Chambers 2017 said, He is praised for his “level headed demeanour” and “his years of experience lend gravitas to his cases”. He has also been described as “a gentleman who acts in everyone’s best interest.” Sources state that he is “always very solution driven and has a very good way with clients”
- Chambers 2016 said, he has longstanding experience in financial matters and children cases. Market commentators are quick to praise his “unflappable and calm” approach towards the most complex issues.
- Chambers 2015 said, “hugely experienced, very good with clients and capable of handling cases of any size. He’s very much the polished product.”
- Chambers 2014 said, “He is an excellent people person as well as a first-rate lawyer who could in my view compete with all of London’s top lawyers”
- Chambers 2013 said, “He is always very solution-driven and has a very good way with clients”
- Chambers 2012 said, Neil is “capable of handling the biggest cases” as he is “thorough, utterly professional and beautifully prepared”
I have featured in the City Wealth Leaders List since its inception and have been awarded a 3 star rating in the 2017 edition, a rarity for someone practising in this area.
- Legal 500 2018-19 said, ‘He is able to draw on his very long experience of performing at the top level and handling the biggest cases‘.
- Legal 500 2017 said, “His ‘calm demeanour hides a first-class tactician’.
I certainly do not know of any other mediators who I would be happy to send clients to in difficult financial remedy cases.
Leading Financial Barrister
I have no hesitation in recommending Neil to anyone seeking advice in a highly charged but personal critical area of family law. Neil is a first class practitioner who focuses on the results rather than the emotions but also has a deep sense of the balance of justice.
- C.J. from Dorset