- Local government
- Public relations
- Public affairs
With 10 years combined experience working around major applications and regeneration and infrastructure projects in local government and politics, Peter has a firm grasp of the political and planning landscape clients are operating in and can offer solid advice in relation to their planning needs. With a previous background working as a Senior Caseworker to a Member of Parliament and Minister of State, and within local government major applications and project implementation teams, clients can be certain that he will react to their needs with foresight and the utmost professionalism and care.
Peter is adept at monitoring the political horizon in the interests of clients’ planning needs; and he consequently operates as a planning consultant who also brings to the table public relations and public affairs skills which are increasingly important in a complex and changing environment where strong and persuasive arguments are vital in ensuring that clients’ proposals are positively and properly understood by decision makers.
Peter holds an MSc in Spatial Planning from Oxford Brookes University and a degree in Politics with Law from the University of Southampton. In local government he has chaired meetings of the Swan Centre Implementation Project Team for the multi million pound Eastleigh Swan Centre leisure/cinema development; and in politics has recently been a member of the Fareham Clinical Commissioning Group Stakeholder Engagement Committee, as well as a Voluntary Sector Health Forum.
Peter provides advice to companies, private individuals and local authorities on all matters relating to the development of land and property.
- Planning policy issues around golf course redevelopment (Part 2)
- Golf Course Redevelopment or Diversification Planning (Part 1)
- Planning consultancy advice around former bank or building society buildings
- The Pre Autumn Budget Planning Review – an invitation to collaborate
- Planning for energy storage
- Improving lives, enriching economies – Institute of Economic Development (IED) Annual Conference November 23 2017
- Power to the People – Legalease Procurement & Outsourcing Journal – September/October 2017
- Where the heart is – Legalease Procurement & Outsourcing Journal – July/August 2017
- Without a plan(ner) – Legalease Procurement & Outsourcing Journal – April 2017
- Opening doors – Peter Kershaw makes a plea for stakeholders to respond to the latest government consultations around increasing housing supply and improving planning performance – Procurement and Outsourcing Journal March/April 2017
- Brownfield bonanza (Peter Kershaw identifies key areas for public sector collaboration in maximising development and land disposal opportunities) – Procurement Outsourcing Journal Nov/Dec 2016