We have one of the largest property legal teams in the southern region with over 60 commercial and residential property lawyers specialising in all areas of commercial and residential property including landlord and tenant, construction, finance, retail, housing, leisure, planning and telecommunications. Recognised for skills in managing high profile complex litigation, our specialist property litigation team provides litigation expertise and consultancy services to advise on discrete property issues, often providing input on a transaction or other scenario to help avoid disputes arising. We deal with a wide spectrum of property related disputes including covenants, easements, boundaries, enforcement of agreements for lease/sale and we regularly conduct and defend possession proceedings.
We now have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our growing litigation team. The role consists of day to day conduct of files and supporting others in the Dispute Resolution department in matters with a wide and varied subject matter for high net worth individuals, local and regional businesses and various national household brands. The role will have a large emphasis on property litigation, working closely with David Eminton the Head of Litigation and Nicola Davies an Associate in this team. Experience of some of the following types of work is required although not all as necessary training and support will be offered:
- Advising on how to recover possession of residential or commercial property
- Adverse possession claims
- Breach of commercial or residential leases
- Service of Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 Notices and Break Notices
- Debt recovery
- Party Wall Act, Trespass and Boundary disputes
- Easement and Covenant disputes
- Option/Agreements for lease/sale and other property related contract disputes
- Electronic Communications Code disputes
It is essential that you have or are developing the following skills:
- Excellent IT skills
- Great at prioritising important deadlines and managing time efficiently
- Friendly, polite and confident personality
- Familiar with undertaking legal research
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
We are looking for someone with ambition and who is motivated to gain more experience and exposure to litigation work. This is a great opportunity to join a fun, progressive team who really enjoy the work they do providing a top quality service to our clients.
In return we offer a competitive salary, subject to skills and experience together with a comprehensive range of benefits.
Working Hours: Full or Part time
Team: Property Litigation
Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to the Recruitment team.