Venue : Park View Rooms, Paris Smith Offices, 1 London Road, Southampton, SO15 2AE
Time : 1.40pm – 4.00pm
Cost : £75 + vat per person (£750 + VAT per organisation (at your offices) *
The aim of this training session is to raise awareness of harassment in the workplace and consider the legal claims that employers may face if they fail to prevent or adequately address harassment when it occurs. We will look at a relevant case study as a practical example of how harassment can arise and guide employers through addressing formal complaints via the grievance and disciplinary process and managing relationships moving forward. In addition to covering harassment which falls under the Equality Act 2010, we will also consider general bullying and harassment in the workplace and how employers can manage personal relationships at work. We will also consider employer’s liability for misconduct outside of work and how to deal with this. Finally, we will look at unconscious bias and the importance of ensuring key decisions, such as promotions, are made on the basis of merit only.
- This training session will cover the following key areas:
- The definition of harassment in the Equality Act 2010;
- Claims for general harassment and bullying;
- Working through a practical case study regarding harassment in the workplace;
- How to manage allegations of harassment in the workplace including the grievance and disciplinary process;
- How to manage relationships in the workplace;
- Employer’s liability for harassment allegations outside of the workplace and managing this riskUnconscious bias and how to minimise bias in the workplace
- Employer’s liability for claims for unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal and harassment
Who should attend?
This session is suitable for Line Managers, HR Managers and Directors.