Whether it be the sale or purchase of a landed estate, the family farm or an extensive grouse moor in the North of England, legal advice will be required on the underlying transaction itself, as well as a myriad of connected matters such as:
- employment issues for transferring staff;
- the setting up of a specialist vehicle to purchase the property (whether it be a company, LLP, family partnership); and
- the all important capital tax considerations which form an important part of any transaction.
Ongoing agriculture and rural property advice is given on issues such as:
- share farming arrangements;
- farm business tenancies;
- Agricultural Holdings Act tenancies;
- commercial lettings;
- sporting rights;
- diversification; and
- equestrian matters.
In addition our Planning team can assist farmers and rural land owners with all matters relating to planning, planning law and the promotion and development of land and property. Members of the team are also proudly registered to provide advice to CLA members across the South East and South West.
The team is headed by Guy Hurst who prior to being a solicitor qualified and practised for several years as a land agent.