I am an associate specialising in:
- divorce and separation matters;
- financial claims, including pension claims, claims for children, maintenance and property;
- enforcement proceedings;
- disputes relating to children;
- emergency injunctions;
- cohabitation/TOLATA claims;
- living together/cohabitation agreements; and
- separation agreements; and
I have experience dealing with matters that involve various corporate structures, trusts, pensions and investments.
I also act for parties who are joined to or intervene in financial remedy proceedings as a result of arguments about jointly owned assets or assets in which other parties hold a beneficial interest.
I frequently advise in relation to children disputes, including applications for child arrangements, specific issue orders, prohibited steps orders and enforcement of child arrangements.
I am a qualified mediator and am able to assist parties who wish to engage in mediation to resolve matters where appropriate (in respect of any family matters).
Examples of my experience include:
- advising in respect of divorce and financial matters involving numerous different pensions;
- advising in respect of financial settlements involving complex trust and company structures;
- acting for parties in contested court proceedings relating to property ownership, sale or transfer of jointly-owned properties and arguments in relation to beneficial ownership;
- acting for parents in contested court proceedings in relation to the return of children from elsewhere in the UK and the enforcement of a child arrangements order; and
- acting for interveners within financial remedy proceedings.
I am a member of Resolution. I believe in a non-confrontational and constructive approach to family matters and the avoidance of costly court proceedings where possible, including through mediation. I am confident in dealing with court proceedings where this is necessary, including representing clients at hearings as appropriate.
I have completed the Paragon Dragonfly training and I am a Dragonfly Champion.
A Dragonfly Champion is someone who has attended the Paragon/Dragonfly training in relation to Domestic Abuse. They are trained to provide a listening ear and are a link to domestic abuse support agencies so that isolated people can access help. In addition, I am a qualified lawyer with extensive experience in dealing with cases with varying levels of domestic abuse and can advise on options for those experiencing any type of domestic abuse.