I am an associate in the Commercial Property team, dealing with:
- general commercial landlord and tenant work: I am regularly instructed by landlords and tenants to deal with new leases, renewals and assignments. I often advise on and negotiate
leases of business premises in Hampshire and London;
- commercial freehold and leasehold sales and acquisitions: I am instructed by both buyers and sellers of commercial premises, often working with corporate colleagues as part of
the purchase or sale of a wider business interest. I also act for lenders to ensure that title is good and marketable prior to release of funds;
- corporate support: I advise on the property related aspects of a business sale or acquisition including, for instance, working closely with corporate clients to provide replies
to property due diligence enquiries, drafting property contract provisions into share or business purchase agreements and reporting on title. This often involves working to very strict deadlines to ensure that time critical deals are ready to complete;
- banking: I work as part of a wider team instructed by the firm’s banking department to act for institutional lenders in multi-million pound refinances of large businesses and
property portfolios; and
- planning: I work with developer clients to advise on and negotiate terms of Section 106 and 278 Agreements in small to mid-size developments. I have more recently acted for banks
in reviewing and commenting on planning agreements and associated performance bonds.
I have experience in a number of technical areas which helps me identify and resolve potential issues before they create unnecessary cost and delay. I act for a wide variety of clients and apply my skill-set to exceed expectations and protect business interests.