Labour leadership contender, Jeremy Corbyn, yesterday published a quasi-manifesto document titled “Working with Women”.
In this document he proposes bold strategies to promote stronger equality between men and women. His employment goals can be summed up as follows:-
– abolishing/reducing employment tribunal fees
– giving all workers unfair dismissal rights from day 1 (It is not clear whether he understands the technical difference between employee v worker v self-employed status)
– extend the 3-month limitation period for sex / maternity discrimination claims
– mandatory equal pay audits for all companies, irrespective of size; and
– strengthen trade union recognition and bargaining
This document can be accessed here and makes for an interesting read for future Labour proposals.
Do you agree with Jeremy’s goals?