Skip to content

Hampshire-based law firm, Paris Smith, is pleased to announce the launch of its Solicitor Apprentice Programme. This programme is designed for school or college leavers and those considering a change in career, providing participants with the opportunity to gain valuable experience whilst earning a salary in one of the leading law firms in the region.

The programme, which is expected to run over six years, will provide the necessary qualifications to become a solicitor, including a law degree and on-the-job experience. The working week will be split, with 20% of the time allocated to studying towards the degree qualification. The remaining 80% will be spent working within the Paris Smith team, where apprentices will be tasked with both legal and administrative duties. These might include legal research and drafting, client advice, guidance, and attending meetings.

To be eligible, applicants must have at least five passes at GCSE level including English and Maths, at a minimum of grade C or Level 4 and above. In addition, applicants must have achieved at least 120 A Level points at grade B or above, or an equivalent qualification.

Claire Merritt, Partner at Paris Smith, believes the Solicitor Apprentice Programme will open up a career in law to a wider range of people. “We recognise that not everyone has the means to commit to a traditional law degree whilst earning little or no income,” she said. “Our apprenticeship programme will allow aspiring solicitors to learn on the job, whilst also earning a salary and gaining valuable experience in one of the Central South’s leading law firms. This is a win-win for both the apprentice and our firm.”

Paris Smith’s Solicitor Apprentice programme is now open for applications. For more information, visit the careers section of the firm’s website at: