Our team is here to help you understand and manage the complex nuances of immigration law.
Post-Brexit, many more employers will need to apply for a sponsor licence as this is now required in order to employ any skilled worker from outside the UK, including EU nationals. We can guide you through the sponsor licence application process and advise you on your sponsor duties.
If you are already a sponsor, we will work closely with your business, tailoring our support to the specific needs of your company. We can provide proactive full end-to-end support (including advice on the recruitment process, management of visa applications and sponsor compliance audits to ensure you are fully compliant with your sponsor duties) or ad-hoc advice on specific queries as and when needed.
Key business immigration services
Below is a list of the business immigration services we provide:
- Advice on the new post-Brexit points based immigration system for employing skilled workers from overseas, including EU nationals.
- Applying for and obtaining a sponsor licence, including advice on sponsor duties such as record keeping and reporting duties.
- Management of and advice on Tier 2/Skilled Worker, Intra-Company Transfer and Tier 5/Temporary Worker visa applications.
- Compliance audits for sponsors to ensure you have all the required HR systems and up-to-date processes in place.
- Advice on the steps that you need to take now to ensure your existing EU workers gain settled or pre-settled status and thereby retain the right to live and work in the UK.
- Advice on ‘right to work’ checks and compliance issues.
- Advice on Tier 4/Student visa applications.
- Regular updates and seminars on business immigration issues to keep you up to date with all relevant Home Office guidance and legislation.
Examples of business immigration work
- Advising businesses on the process of obtaining a sponsor licence and Certificates of Sponsorship, including detailed advice on sponsor duties and compliance issues, enabling them to sponsor skilled overseas migrants.
- Advising businesses on the process of amending or applying for a new sponsor licence following a change in ownership and the impact on existing sponsored employees.
- Guiding a business through the process of successfully employing a skilled overseas migrant under Tier 2 (General), enabling it to set up a new UK office and transfer staff from China. This included identifying the relevant SOC code for the role and advising on the requirements of the recruitment process.
- Advising on the requirements of a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) sponsor licence and visa application.
- Advising companies on the transition to the new post-Brexit points based immigration system for employing skilled overseas migrants.
- Advising businesses on Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) categories including charity workers, religious workers and youth mobility scheme workers.
- Advising businesses on right to work checks and potential illegal working issues, including identifying falsified documents and advising on the appropriate reporting of suspected illegal working issues to the Home Office.
- Providing training to businesses on immigration issues such as employing skilled workers under the new points based immigration system, right to work checks and the requirements of the EU Settlement Scheme for EU nationals.