Key Contract Disputes Services
Listed below are key services we can provide if a contract dispute arises:
- Help with county court or high court claims
- Arbitration, mediation and negotiations
- Obtaining and defending injunctions
- Search and seizure interventions
- Multiple party disputes
- Mistakes, misinterpretation and fraud
- Duress and undue influence
- Contract terminations
- Claims from manufacturers or suppliers
- International contract issues
- Help with claims regarding repossessing goods
- Leasing agreements
- Judicial review
Contract Dispute work examples
We set out below some examples of the various contract disputes we have assisted in:
- Advising a client on terminating a commercial agency contract for the sale of packaging solutions where the termination compensation could have been £700,000.
- Claims by manufacturers of domestic products against distributors for breaches of distribution agreements.
- Claims on behalf of a manufacturer of domestic heating appliances against suppliers overseas for damages for breach of contract for poor quality components.
- Contractual claim for outstanding rent arrears and trailer hire charges including contra invoicing agreements.
- Successfully acting for company in disputed cross border claim against a defendant company based in Singapore.
- Successful pursuance of claims arising from the sales of businesses for breaches of warranties/implied warranties.
- Acting for the supplier of car parts and garage equipment to recover/repossess an industrial paint spray booth from garage premises.
- Pursuing a company in the hair and beauty industry for payments due to a business consultant on termination of a consultancy agreement and using the dispute resolution procedures to appoint an expert accountant.
- Successful recovery against overseas corporate guarantors following the termination of a master lease agreement.
- Challenging award of contract by local authority on unfair criteria.