Key professional negligence services
We act in all sorts of professional negligence areas. Below are a few of our key service areas:
- Compensation claims against solicitors, accountants, financial advisors and insurance brokers
- Claims against architects and surveyors in construction cases
- Mis-selling claims or incorrect advice
- Reclaiming incorrect tax payments
Work examples of professional negligence claims
- Residential occupiers in connection with multiple failures by a number of surveyors in failing to identify the use of defective concrete in the construction of all houses in the same street. Compensation equivalent to half the value of the houses typically awarded.
- A house owner in claim for negligence against architect for having failed to project manage the builders constructing a home extension, including incorrect certification of interim payments. Claim for £100,000+ and ongoing.
- Clients in numerous pension mis-selling claims against independent financial advisers who failed to give appropriate advice about the benefits of final salary schemes over private money purchase schemes.
- An individual in a claim against a conveyancing solicitor who failed to identify to a purchaser client that information was disclosed by the seller which revealed the property was blighted by a boundary dispute resulting in significant loss of value.
- A government agency in connection with a claim against an architect for negligent design resulting in structural failures costing in excess of £3000,000 to rectify.
- A lender on a claim against solicitors who had failed to register security for a loan and securing repayment of a loan of over £300,000.
- Acting for a charity client in a £2mllion claim against an architect for defective design of a commercial building and failure to inspect works. This involved project managing a large team of lawyers, experts and client representatives and attending regular Board of Trustees meetings.
- Claim against an architect for professional negligence in the design of a bespoke construction and failings in undertaking the project management role.