Disciplinary and grievance advice we can help on:
- Getting your processes right, including drafting disciplinary and grievance procedures and letters to the employee.
- Avoiding claims of unfair dismissal or discrimination.
- Investigation meetings and collating evidence, including witness evidence.
- Whether conduct is misconduct or gross misconduct and whether it is reasonable to dismiss.
- Conducting disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- The right to be accompanied.
- Disciplinary penalties and issuing disciplinary warnings to employees
- Best practice for communication and dealing with issues promptly and consistently.
- Dealing with appeals.
- Protected conversations and settlement agreements.
- Advice on dealing with unfair dismissal claims and constructive unfair dismissal claims.
We also regularly provide practical line manager training on disciplinary and grievance issues.