HR Courses: Individual places, training events and In-House training
We run regular HR courses at our offices and external venues over the year designed for HR professionals and those responsible for HR within their organisation. We also run webinars on these topics.
Individual Places – Training Events
Our recent and planned courses for HR professionals include:
- Managing menopause in the workplace
- Dealing with subject access request and GDPR compliance for HR professionals
- Managing transgender and gender identity
- Reasonable adjustments and managing employees with disabilities
- Sponsor licence duties and management
- Thinking of becoming a licenced sponsor.
You can book individual places on any of our sessions that we run throughout the year. Take a look at our current events.
Our individual two-hour sessions are charged at £75 plus VAT per attendee.
For further information, please Contact Charlotte Farrell and Tabytha Cunningham by emailing them at ER@parissmith.co.uk
Over the years we have developed training sessions for line managers and HR professionals which we can deliver remotely, at your business premises or at other external venues. Our sessions equip you and your managers to deal effectively with day to day issues in the workplace.
HR courses available
We have a variety of HR courses available, from 2 hour sessions on individual topics to full day courses, covering all areas of employment law. We can also put together bespoke sessions tailored to your needs and are happy to adapt our sessions to meet your specific requirements.
2 hour sessions
- Equality and Diversity – this session covers discrimination in the workplace, employers’ key legal obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and how to avoid claims.
- Absence Management – this session highlights issues that can arise with various types of absence, such as disability claims. The session will guide you through the management process.
- Disciplinary and Grievances – find out more about the key stages of a disciplinary and grievance process and examine the tricky issues that can arise.
- Social Media in the Workplace – this session looks at recent case law, monitoring staff and what employers should be considering to protect their business.
- Managing Mental Ill-Health – we will take you through your obligations with regards to mental health, as well as potential discrimination cases.
- Performance Management – this session looks at the tricky issues that can arise in a performance management process and how to deal with them and ensure a productive workforce.
- Menopause for Managers – this session looks at the legal obligations owed by employers and the proactive steps managers can take now to support women going through the menopause and create a supportive management culture.
- Managing transgender and gender identity issues – this session looks at the legal obligations owed by employers and the way that you should manage trans and gender identity considerations in the workplace.
- Disciplinary investigations – an in-depth look at the disciplinary investigation process and dealing with tricky issues that arise during disciplinary proceedings.
All our sessions can be run either as practical sessions, including interactive case studies for participants to work through to imbed learning, or seminar sessions taking participants through the detail of each area in a practical context.
Whole day Sessions – Practical Guide to Employment Law
This full day session is aimed at managers and HR professionals, providing an essential understanding of the key legal obligations and employment processes, with the opportunity to embed understanding via a series of practical case studies. The course is designed to cover the most common procedures and difficult issues that arise, from dealing with concurrent grievance and disciplinary issues to covert recordings and reluctant witnesses.
The session includes:
- Unfair dismissal overview
- Discrimination law overview
- Whistleblowing law overview
- Managing difficult conversations
- Equality and diversity case study
- The ACAS Code
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures and case study
- Sickness and absence management and case study
- Performance management and case study
Our in-house sessions are charged at:
- £750 + VAT per 2 hour session
- £1,500 + VAT per full day session
Costs are based on 30 attendees or less. We are happy to provide a quote for additional attendees on request. We can also quote for bespoke sessions tailored to your needs.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss your in-house training requirements, please get in touch with Andrew Willshire by emailing him at email@example.com