Sometimes these professionals get things wrong. They carry professional indemnity insurance to protect them and provide a source of compensation when they make a mistake.
We have extensive experience in making claims against all types of professionals and most commonly resolving these disputes out of court.
Negligence matters we can help with
- Incorrect wills or poorly managed estates
- Incorrect financial advice
- Flawed building design or engineering advice from architects and structural engineers
- Missed legal deadlines or errors in documentation by solicitors and other legal professionals
- Missed defects in property and incorrect valuations by surveyors
People we have helped in negligence claims
- Making a claim against a conveyancing solicitor for failing to have identified a number of “defects” in a property such as a ransom strip and a nearby wind farm and by pass resulting in a reduction in value of the house.
- Several claims against tax accountants for incorrect/unsound advice on legitimate tax avoidance schemes.
- Pursuing a surveyor for failing to identify dry rot in a building, reducing its value.
- Making a claim against a financial advisor for incorrectly advising an employee to swap out of a final salary pension scheme.
- Several claims against solicitors for wrongly drafting or executing wills, on behalf of disappointed beneficiaries and executors on behalf of the testators.