Personal Injury Claims
Trying to make a personal injury claim without any legal help makes an already difficult situation even worse. If you have been injured in an accident caused by another party you have a right to claim compensation for your pain and suffering as well as your medical expenses, lost earnings and other expenses that may have been incurred.
We have a wealth of experience and a proven track record in helping individuals and their families bring successful personal injury claims.
We get to know you as an individual and take time to understand your needs and objectives, as well as the factual and legal issues in your case, which enables us to provide clear, practical and relevant advice to support you throughout the claim process.
How we can help with personal injury claims
- Road Traffic Accidents – If you have been in a road traffic collision caused by another driver, whether as a passenger, the driver of a vehicle, a cyclist, motorcyclist, or a pedestrian and suffered personal injury you have a right to claim compensation.
- Accidents at Work – An employer is required to protect the health and safety of an employee, but sometimes accidents can happen where a system of work is unsafe, such as inadequate training, or failure to maintain safe premises, tools or equipment.
- Accidents in Public Places – If you have been injured in an accident caused by the failure of the occupiers of premises, such as supermarkets or shops, or the owners of land to maintain their premises or footpaths you could have grounds for a personal injury claim.
- Sporting Accidents .- In many cases injuries are an inevitable part of playing sports, but you could be entitled to compensation should an injury be caused by someone else’s negligence, or if they have acted outside the rules of the sport.
- Fatal Accidents Claims -The death of a loved one is devastating, causing emotional trauma and, in many cases, serious financial consequences. Bringing a fatal accident claim cannot ease the sense of loss, but it can help bring financial security for the future.
- Clinical Negligence Claims – Not all unsatisfactory medical outcomes are as result of negligence, but if it can be proved that the treatment you received fell below a reasonable standard of care that caused you to suffer the injury you could have grounds for a claim.
Making your claim
We have the experience and expertise to help you claim the compensation to which you are entitled. If you have been involved in an accident that was not your fault and you wish to make a claim, or if you are unsure of your rights, call or email us and we will be happy to discuss the particular circumstances of your case, including funding options.
People we have helped
- The family of a motorcyclist killed in a collision with a car, giving rise to a fatal accident claim and substantial damages which secured their financial future.
- The widow of a motorcyclist killed by an uninsured driver who received compensation from the Motor Insurers’ Bureau pursuant to the Fatal Accidents Act.
- An employee who sustained serious multiple injuries in a fall from height, complicated by the employer and their contractors blaming each other, but eventually agreed to pay substantial damages during the course of court proceedings.
- A motocross rider who was compensated after sustaining career ending injuries in an accident caused by the failure of the race organisers.
- A successful businessman who was unable to work again due to a life changing condition received as a result of negligent medical treatment and who received a multi-million pound settlement.
How we work with you
Whilst based in the South of England, Paris Smith acts for businesses and families throughout the UK. Technology has enabled us to provide a high level of service to our clients whether they are local to our offices or not. Our advice can be given in many ways:
- Over the telephone
- Via video conferencing
- In face to face meetings
We will talk through how you would like to be contacted and the best ways for us to meet in our early conversations with you.
You may also be interested in