- Merger and acquisition transactions
- Equity investment
- Banking and senior debt
- Joint ventures
- Corporate investments
I work with companies and their owners on areas of corporate law, particularly in relation to merger and acquisition transactions as well as equity investment by business angels, venture capital and private equity funds and trade investors. Other corporate transactions include re-organisations, investment agreements and specialist articles of association.
I also work with clients on share incentivisation schemes such as EMI options.
Recent highlights include:
- acting for Hillier Nurseries on their transformative acquisition of former Wyevale Garden Centres (retail and horticulture)
- acting for the shareholders in their respective sales of Bargate Homes and Crayfern Homes (residential development)
- working with Churches Fire Security in their buy and build strategy on acquisitions of numerous fire safety companies (facilities management)
- acting for UK Power Solutions in their sale to private equity backed Last Mile Infrastructure (utilities and infrastructure)
- acting for the R&W Group in relation to the sale of their Traffic Management Division to Chevron (infrastructure and civil engineering)
- acting for Condor Office Solutions Limited in its sale to the DCM Group (business services)
- acting for Totalmobile Holdings in its acquisitions of Total Business Solutions and Cloud Dialogs (technology)
I have to say Amanda is hands down the best corporate lawyer I have ever worked with. She is responsive, commercial, helps guide us in our business development with solid advice and knows exactly what we want from purchasing a business. We hardly need to give any instruction other than “crack on” and she and her team deliver – every time.
- Lorna Hayes, Managing Director
Churches Fire Security Ltd
Your service and dedication to this job has been outstanding – particularly so because of all the problems on the way. Your advice has been highly valued and you have handled the situation with absolute calm. We cannot thank you enough
- Terry Turner
1-1 Recruitment have worked with Amanda on a number of acquisitions and have always received first class advice and service. We would thoroughly recommend her and her team.
- Jim Floor, Director
These were key acquisitions for us and enhance the portfolio of services we can now offer to a wide range of sectors. Amanda and the team at Paris Smith became an integral part of our deal team and provided great commercial, practical and legal advice within tight timeframes. We would recommend the team whole heartedly.
- Jim Darragh, Chief Executive
Amanda Brockwell advises on a wide range of corporate and banking transactions, including venture and angel investment deals, as well as broader governance and corporate structuring matters. Clients label her as “calm and unflappable,” while also offering plaudits for her ability to “distil complex issues into one or two key points that need discussion.”
Chambers and Partners 2020
Amanda Brockwell is lauded as a “very astute and commercially aware” lawyer by her clients, who value that “she presents decisions in a way that makes sense to business owners as well as legal sense“. She advises on M&A work, reorganisations and investments.
Chambers & Partners Legal Directory 2019
Amanda is “extremely knowledgeable with lots of experience,” according to market commentators.
Chambers & Partners Legal Directory 2018