Our immigration law services
Whether you are seeking to come to the UK for the first time or you are already in the UK and you are looking to extend your visa, apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK or apply for British citizenship, our immigration lawyers can help you navigate these complex processes. Our services include:
- advice on coming to the UK to work or study under the Points Based System:
- Under the Tier 2/Skilled Worker route;
- Under (the Intra-Company Transfer route) because your employer is transferring you from an overseas office into the UK;
- Under the Tier 4/Student route; or
- Under the Tier 5/Temporary Worker route.
- applications for settled status for EU nationals currently in the UK or advice for EU nationals wishing to come to the UK after January 2021 under the new post-Brexit immigration system for skilled workers;
- applications for indefinite leave to remain in the UK under all routes (e.g. having been in the UK for 5 years on a partner or work visa or 10 years for long residence);
- advice on the requirements necessary to obtain British nationality and the routes to British citizenship for children and adults;
- advice on the visa requirements for you to move to the UK to join your partner, spouse or fiancé(e) or other family member;
- Advice for investors and entrepreneurs including Tier 1 (Start UP) and (Innovator) visas;
- help with ‘discretionary’ and human rights based applications; and
- advice on your rights when your application is refused – administrative review, re-application and/or appeals.
Examples of immigration issues we have helped with:
- Reviewing application forms and supporting documentation for a variety of applications including visa extensions and indefinite leave to remain applications to highlight necessary action points to ensure the best chance of success before submission.
- Advice on EU settled status applications made both from within the UK and from abroad.
- Assistance with Tier 2 (General) applications for skilled workers including liaising with the sponsor regarding the recruitment process to ensure compliance with all relevant requirements.
- Advice on options for indefinite leave to remain or a visa extension for someone on a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa including the requirement of creating new jobs and having no more than 180 days’ absence.
- Advising on a representative of an overseas business visa to enable an individual to come to the UK as the sole representative of an overseas company intending to establish and operate a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary in the UK.
- Advising couples on partner visas to enable them to join their British partner in the UK.
- Advising a couple on a fiancée visa application to enable them to get married in the UK and then remain here together.
- Advising a mother on an extension to her parent visa to enable her to stay with her child in the UK.
- Advice on the requirements to notify the Home Office in relation to a separation or divorce and options for the spouse of an EU national living in the UK who was considering divorce on the impact on her immigration status and that of her child;
- Advising on long residence applications.
- Advice on the impact on future visa applications of overstaying on a Tier 4 student visa.
- Advice on applications to naturalise as a British citizen.
- Advice on obtaining confirmation of British Citizenship following the loss of historic documentation evidencing citizenship, including an application to the National Archives service.
- Advice on applications to register children as British citizens, including where they were born to a British citizen outside the UK.
- Advising an individual on an appeal against a refusal for indefinite leave to remain. The appeal was based around the ‘genuine and subsisting relationship’ requirement. The appeal was successful and the individual now has the security he wanted to live indefinitely in the UK.
- Advice on appealing a decision to reject an application for a dependent’s visa for a mother to join her sons in the UK due to her deteriorating health.
For information on how we charge for our immigration services, please see below: