Key Business Regulatory services
- Competition law compliance
- Advice on prize competitions and free draws and lotteries
- Advice on rules regulating advertising and marketing
- Ad hoc advice on product regulation
- Corporate governance
- Data protection compliance
- Advice on consumer law, including distance selling, unfair commercial practices and unfair terms
- Advising a trade body in the software industry on compliance with competition law and EU rules on horizontal agreements.
- Advising on exclusivity provisions and restrictions in commercial agreements.
- Advising clients various clients on terms and conditions for a free prize draw.
- Advising on the application of REACH to certain chemicals used by one of our clients, and advising on the application of the EU regulation on cosmetics to another of our clients.
- Advising clients on conflicts of interests and good corporate governance
How we work with you
Whilst based in the South of England, Paris Smith acts for businesses and families throughout the UK. Technology has enabled us to provide a high level of service to our clients whether they are local to our offices or not. Our advice can be given in many ways:
- Over the telephone
- Via video conferencing
- In face to face meetings
We will talk through how you would like to be contacted and the best ways for us to meet in our early conversations with you.
How we’ve helped our clients
“Thank you so much for your support, advice and guidance delivered promptly and efficiently with patience and good humour which was very much appreciated.”
Jo Ash, Chief Executive – Southampton Voluntary Services
Southampton Voluntary Services
“One referee says “Paris Smith provide a premium service with a real focus on quality;” another adds “The team are accessible and provide strongly commercial advice;” whilst a third referee states “They are very knowledgeable and handled difficult queries very well. They always kept us up to date and ensured a smooth process.””
Chambers Legal Directory 2024
“Referees say “The Paris Smith team has stood out for their ability to respond in a consistently timely and professional manner at all times across a broad range of legal advice areas”; “The Paris Smith team acts as a genuine partner and are there where and when you need them, consistently and professionally – I couldn’t ask any more of them”; “Clear and quality legal advice, hardworking legal counsel” and “Dedicated to the service they provide”.”
Legal 500 2024 Edition
You may also be interested in