Our construction team is well-versed in the issues that typically arise and can assist in the cost-effective resolution of them. We have substantial experience of adjudications, arbitrations, mediations and cases in the technology and construction court.
Key Construction Disputes services
Below we list some of the key services we can provide in this field:
- Claims against contractors, project managers, architects or engineers
- Claims against employers by contractors
- Claims against contractors by sub-contractors
- Professional negligence claims
- Liquidated damages claims
- Loss and expense claims
Construction Disputes work examples
We have listed some examples of the various types of construction disputes we have advised on in recent years:
- Claim against an architect for professional negligence in the design of a bespoke construction and failings in undertaking the project management role.
- Enforcement of a performance guarantee bond following the failure of a contractor and subsequent insolvency to complete agreed works at an international sporting venue.
- Acting for a charity in a claim worth over £1 million against a firm of architects who designed and inspected works carried out to extend the charity’s premises.
- Defending a Winding Up Petition issued against an employer by an unpaid subcontractor.
- Representing a bakery whose factory floor was laid incorrectly by the flooring contractor and needed to be refitted.
- Acting for homeowner against builder of bespoke mansion with numerous defects and planning breaches.
- Acting for a charity client in a £2mllion claim against an Architect for defective design of a commercial building and failure to inspect works. This involved · project managing a large team of lawyers, experts and client representatives and[HB1] attending regular Board of Trustees meetings.
- Defending a case for a M & E contractor who was being blamed for delays on site.
Pursuing a £400,000 debt owed to a contractor for technical marine surveys for an offshore development.