I am a partner with some 18 years’ experience, dealing with owner-managed businesses, large private companies and listed corporates across a wide variety of sectors including IT, technology, manufacturing, retail, professional services, financial services, recruitment, healthcare, leisure and construction. I work with businesses whatever stage in the business life cycle they are in, from start-up to exit. My main expertise is in:
- company and business sales and purchases;
- management buy-outs;
- shareholder exits;
- private equity and business angel investments;
- group reorganisations;
- shareholders agreements and Articles of Association;
- share option schemes including EMI share options and growth share schemes; and
- sale and purchase of businesses in administration or liquidation.
I also advise on the sale and purchase of distressed businesses including those which are in a formal insolvency process.
I work hard to get to know my clients and their other professional advisers so I can understand what issues are important to them. I do my best to keep things as simple as possible with a focus on the stuff that is really important.
Using my experience of working on transactions and with businesses across a wide variety of sectors, I am able to anticipate problem areas so that simple solutions can be put forward at the earliest opportunity.
I was a finalist in the ‘Lawyer of the Year’ category of the Solent Deals Awards 2022.