- Property dispute resolution
- Dilapidations (disrepair) claims
- Lease renewals
- Property rights on insolvency
- Residential possession claims
David is Head of the Dispute Resolution team. He is a specialist in property litigation, dealing with commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes, lease renewals, land law related actions such as boundary disputes and rights of light issues, construction claims and insolvency related property issues. David also undertakes professional negligence actions involving surveyors, solicitors and other property professionals.
With a background in general commercial and insolvency litigation over the years property has become his particular field of interest and he has built up extensive knowledge of the subject area, and a network of expert contacts. Where necessary David can draw on the extensive in-house knowledge of other members of the firms’ Insolvency and recovery* group, and non-contentious commercial and residential property+ teams to provide a holistic and practical approach to the resolution of all property disputes.
David also regularly undertakes work involving contentious wills and probate, trust disputes and financial services litigation.
David is a longstanding member of the Property Litigation Association and Southampton Property Association.
- The importance of dating documents
- 1954 Act issues – for Tenants
- SPA CPD Event hosted by Paris Smith LLP
- Scales of Justice rocked by scale fees: more Jackson reforms on way?
- Defeating 1954 Act renewal rights with a proposal to redevelop
- Chambers and Partners 2018: Practice head David Eminton specialises in real estate litigation. He is recognised for his technical knowledge in complex property matters and his commercial approach. His clients include a number of major retailers.
Professional and efficient service provided with a personal touch.