- Acquisitions and disposals
- Corporate finance
- Private equity
- Commercial contracts
Jonathon specialises in corporate and corporate finance work. He has considerable experience in M&A including cross border transactions, MBOs, private company fundraisings, corporate reconstructions, and investment and joint venture agreements. He has acted for a wide range of clients, including FTSE 100 companies, SME’s and owner managed businesses.
Jonathon enjoys taking a commercial and constructive approach to getting deals done. He is recommended in Legal 500 where he is described as diligent and personable.
Jonathon joined Paris Smith in 2003, and became a Partner in 2008. Whilst at Paris Smith he has led on numerous complex and high value transactions.
Recent Work Highlights
- Acting for award winning Bowman Power Group Limited on multiple funding rounds during the last 10 years involving several UK and overseas private equity and high net worth investors
- Acting for selling shareholders on the sale of WASP limited, a world leader in the design and manufacture of keypads, touch screens and other aerospace and defence products, to US BE Aerospace
- Advising the shareholders of healthcare equipment company HPC Healthline on their merger with Polyco creating a £130m group
- Dealing with sale of more than 40 My Local convenience stores to various purchasers in the supermarket sector
- Acting for the owners of the Connected Hotels group, which owns the Tiger TMS business (a world leader in the provision of voice and data solutions in the hospitality sector) on their sale to Canadian multinational Mitel
- Selling Seward Accident Repair Centres to AIM Listed Nationwide Crash Repair Centres Limited
From the outset Jonathon Roy and the team at Paris Smith have been a pleasure to work with. They proved very quickly they were the right team for the job and that allowed me the time to focus on the commercial elements of the deal. I’ve already recommended them to others and would have no hesitation in using them again.”
- Jamie Harwood, CEO
UK Web Media
Jonathon Roy is recognised for his in-depth private equity experience. He acts for both companies and funds on M&A transactions. Sources praise his “very good commercial sense“.
Chambers & Partners Legal Directory 2019