- Business risk management
- Business contract disputes
- Insurance claims and dispute (public, product and employer), insurance related issues including coverage, material non- disclosure and fraud
- Professional negligence actions
- Mediation of commercial dispute
Peter works with and for a range of aspirational and dynamic businesses using his skills and extensive network to enable his clients to achieve their business goals and objectives. Peter advises companies not only as to the options open to them, how to resolve disputes but also how organisations might manage their business better, aware of the legal risks they each face or may face and managing these risks.
“I passionately want my clients to succeed in all that they do and in doing so to minimise the need for the distress purchase of legal services but to engage lawyers for positive reasons.”
Peter is a CEDR Accredited Mediator.
He is regularly asked to speak on business risk management issues.
Peter co-founded the Paris Smith Business Club, a forum to help business owners keep abreast of key changes in business risk. The Club was awarded The Law Society’s Excellence in Innovation Award 2012.
- To mediate or not to mediate, that is the question?
- Striking through of documents
- The court has teeth!
- The three-dimensional aspects of commercial litigation
Peter Taylor is a character that I personally have very high regard for, and at a moment’s notice you can ask Peter for his honest and professional opinion no matter what the subject matter may be. Peter will always listen to both sides being very open minded and thoughtful in his decision process.
I would highly recommend both Peter and Paris Smith.
- Carl Richards, Focal Point Fires Plc
Noted as a leader in his field for liability claims, professional negligence and contractual disputes. Described by one client as “very knowledgeable and very communicative.
Chambers & Partners Legal Directory
Noted as being “a highly skilled litigator and negotiator”.