- Business risk management
- Business contract disputes
- Insurance claims and dispute (public, product and employer), insurance related issues including coverage, material non- disclosure and fraud
- Professional negligence actions
- Mediation of commercial disputes
Peter works with and for a range of aspirational and dynamic businesses using his commercial litigation experience and extensive network to enable his clients to achieve their business goals and objectives. Peter advises company directors and business leaders on strategy as well as being a mentor and sounding board.
He advises a range of companies and businesses in relation to:
- contract disputes
- negligence actions
- professional negligence claims
- insurance related litigation including coverage, material non- disclosure and fraud.
Peter has been cited by The Legal 500 Directory as “a highly skilled litigator and negotiator” and is regularly asked to speak on business risk management issues.
Peter has expert knowledge of directors’ liabilities and corporate governance and disputes between shareholders.
Peter is a CEDR accredited commercial mediator, assisting individuals and businesses to find solutions to disputes without the costs or limitations of a courtroom battle. He has experience in both representing parties at mediations and conducting the role of mediator His expertise encompasses a wide variety of cases including:
- complex shareholder director issues
- negligence claims against solicitors, insurance brokers, builders, architects
- insurance issues of coverage, indemnity and fraud
- commercial contracts
- employment contracts and breach of restrictive covenants to join a competitor
- team moves
- construction and building projects related disputes
- landlord and tenant litigation,
Peter is a non- executive director of Hampshire Chamber of Commerce, is a school governor and a Trustee of a regional charity.
- Coronavirus impacts supply chain
- Risk management in 2020: avoid potential problems when dating your documents
- Do you business contracts protect you from the risk of expensive court action?
- Legal issues in the rural economy (appearing in the Law Society Gazette)
- Mental Health Awareness: The steps we took to improve staff wellbeing
How to resolve commercial disputes without going to court
Peter Taylor is a character that I personally have very high regard for, and at a moment’s notice you can ask Peter for his honest and professional opinion no matter what the subject matter may be. Peter will always listen to both sides being very open minded and thoughtful in his decision process.
I would highly recommend both Peter and Paris Smith.
- Carl Richards, Focal Point Fires Plc
Noted as a leader in his field for liability claims, professional negligence and contractual disputes. Described by one client as “very knowledgeable and very communicative.
Chambers & Partners Legal Directory
Noted as being “a highly skilled litigator and negotiator”.