- Share / business sales and acquisitions
- Insolvent / distressed business sales and acquisitions
- Shareholders’ agreements and articles of association
- Start ups / university spin outs
- Sole trader / partnership incorporations
- EMI options
- Partnerships and LLPs
- Not for profit, charities and sports clubs (mergers and joint ventures)
Richard is a corporate lawyer and he acts for listed corporates, large private companies and owner-managed businesses. He has acted on transactions for clients across a wide variety of sectors including IT, manufacturing, retail, professional services, financial services, healthcare, leisure and construction.
He also acts on the sale and purchase of insolvent businesses and reorganisations with insolvency issues.
Recent Work Highlights
- Acquisiton of OrthoView Holdings Limited for Materialise NV
- Reorganisation of engineering group of companies, including EMI options
- Advising Co-operative Group Food on numerous acquistions
- Acquisition of shares in manufacturing company supplying F1 race teams, financed by Santander
- Acquisition of Flambards theme park in Cornwall
- Acquisition of Elliott’s Caravan Estates for Green Wood Parks
- Acquisition of a packaging equipment reseller
- Advising Muc-Off Limited on banking facilities provided by Santander
- Sale of IT software support company to competitor
- Sale of Matthews Mist & Co accountants to Wilkins Kennedy LLP
- Pre-liquidation sale of fashion trends forecasting business of Mudpie Limited to WGSN Limited
- Acting for Arkivum Limited on Southampton University software spin out, plus numerous funding rounds
- Incorporation of accountancy practice and subsequent reorganisation
- Various EMI option schemes, shareholders agreements and articles of association for owner-managed businesses
Richard joined Paris Smith in 2007 from the south coast office of a regional firm where he qualified in 2004.
We have worked with Richard for years and continue to enjoy his enthusiastic approach and genuine interest in our business. He provides good quality, focused legal advice on a range of issues.
- Alex Trimnell, Muc-Off Ltd
Richard is known for his handling of M&A and a range of corporate advisory work. Sources appreciate his ability to “explain complex scenarios in a very straightforward way.”
Chambers & Partners Legal Directory 2018