I am a Senior Associate Solicitor and Lead of the Court of Protection team.
Having qualified in 2006 as a general private client solicitor, I now specialise in law relating to mental capacity, the administration of client affairs and applications to the Court of Protection.
I specialise in:
- Applications to the Court of Protection, including:
- Deputyship for property & financial Affairs
- Statutory Wills
- Trustee appointment and/or removal
- Lifetime gifting
- Administration of financial affairs on behalf of Attorneys or Deputies
- Powers of Attorney including:
- Preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Advising Attorneys and Deputies on their role and responsibilities when acting on behalf of a vulnerable person
An example of the sort of cases I have worked on:
Re JC; D v C (2012) MHL0 35 (COP)
This Statutory Will application related to the right of a biological child, adopted out of the family at birth, to claim for provision under the terms of a Will. I was the instructing solicitor acting on behalf of the applicant who was the Property & Financial Affairs Deputy for JC.
This case is still widely lectured upon today in connection with Statutory Will applications to the Court.
I use my skills and experience with the intention to provide clear advice and guide clients through often very difficult circumstances so they understand the options available to them and can make informed decisions.
I hold the following memberships:
- Fully accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE)
- Member of the Professional Deputy’s Forum
- Dementia Friend and Dementia Friends Ambassador for the Alzheimer’s Society
- Chair of Dementia Friendly Fareham & Gosport