Managing Partner Role
My primary role is managing partner of Paris Smith LLP. I am responsible for:
- the firm’s brand;
- contributing to the development of the firm’s strategy;
- implementation of the firm’s strategy;
- chairing the firm’s management team;
- ensuring that the firm’s purpose is delivered in a manner which is relevant, responsive and reliable to the needs of our clients and communities;
- inspiring those in the firm to achieve their full potential and feel happy and fulfilled;
- building relationships with key stakeholders; and
- ensuring the client experience is a positive one.
I also advise company directors and business leaders on strategy as well as being a mentor and sounding board.
Commercial Disputes Partner
In my role within the Commercial Disputes team I advise a range of companies and businesses in relation to:
- strategic issues for directors;
- contract disputes;
- negligence actions;
- professional negligence claims; and
- insurance related litigation including coverage, material non- disclosure and fraud.
CEDR Accredited Mediator
I am also a CEDR accredited commercial mediator, assisting individuals and businesses to find solutions to disputes without the costs or limitations of a courtroom battle. I have experience in both representing parties at mediations and conducting the role of mediator.
My expertise encompasses a wide variety of cases including:
- complex shareholder director issues;
- negligence claims against solicitors, insurance brokers, builders, architects, insurance issues of coverage, indemnity and fraud;
- business disputes including commercial contracts, employment contracts and breach of restrictive covenants;
- construction and building projects related disputes; and
- landlord and tenant litigation.
Outside of Paris Smith I hold the following roles:
- Chairman of the leadership team of the Southampton Chamber of Commerce
- Non- executive director of Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
- Vice chairman of the Board of Governors of a Prep School
- Accredited commercial mediator
I am regularly asked to speak at business conferences on topical business and leadership issues.
We are delighted to announce that Peter won Business Leader of the Year in the 2020 South Coast Business Awards.