I am a Senior Associate in the Commercial Property team. My main areas of expertise include:
- pre-let agreements & leases;
- general non-contentious landlord and tenant work;
- institutional & mezzanine funding;
- section 106 agreement reviews;
- option agreements;
- sales & acquisitions;
- corporate support in share sales and purchases; and
- portfolio management.
Examples of my work include:
- acting for developer/owner of major new shopping centre and town centre development with mixed use residential and restaurant use;
- cinema and retail units including letting to major anchor tenant, providing construction warranties, dealing with the pre-lets of all units, developing precedent documents for
use throughout the scheme and on-going legal management of the scheme;
- purchase and financing of £15m leisure park and pre-lets and lets off;
- £150m refinancing of major town centre development with other high street properties within the portfolio;
- purchase of £20m portfolio of former high street banks with management of portfolio to include sales off, lets and pre-lets and refinance;
- purchase, sales and refinancing of portfolios across the country for major provider of supported living to include drafting of care operator nomination agreements;
- acting for developer client in purchase, subsale and leaseback then short term commercial lettings, including arranging institutional and mezzanine finance and refinancing within
- acting for management company of public park in negotiating and agreeing leases and providing general support and advice; and
- acting for owner of mixed use retail and office space with total rent roll of over £500k to include surrender of existing leases then pre-lets to tenants including large coffee
chain to include initial set up of lease documents following major refurbishment.
I qualified as a solicitor in 2004 and throughout my career have worked at various well known national and London firms. I am highly regarded by my clients and will go the extra mile to get a job done. I enjoy working with clients on large portfolio acquisitions with the ensuing sale off and letting work with on-going property management aspects. I have a strong corporate social responsibility background and have previously acted for clients in the charity and education sector both in offering legal support as well as being chair of trustees of a charity foundation.