I am a partner in the Property Litigation team. My work covers all aspects of estate management advising both landlords and tenant on issues related to commercial leases such as forfeiture, renewals, breach of lease terms and property related insolvency disputes. I also regularly advise our clients on disputes affecting residential property such as possession, right of way/boundary disputes and adverse possession claims.
Whilst being a strong advocate for alternative forms of litigation, such as mediation, I enjoy using my knowledge of the court system and litigation process to help clients achieve their objective and pursue/defend against a claim where they consider injustice has been done. I aim to ensure clients see value for money whilst delivering an excellent service, making clients feel at ease in what often is a very stressful situation.
Recent examples of work undertaken include:
- obtaining an injunction for a client whose neighbour was moving the boundary fences without their consent. Further successfully applying to strike out the defence at the first case management hearing as it disclosed no reasonable grounds for bringing or defending the claim;
- advising and having the daily conduct of an adverse possession claim that went all the way to trial of a large parcel of residential and commercial land worth over £1.5million;
- successfully appealed to the Welsh Minister to overturn a public body’s decision on the terms imposed in a marine dredging licence;
- successfully defending a tenant’s right for a new lease against a landlord’s claim under ground G – where a Landlord wants the property back for its own use;
- multi-party right of way dispute which involved a land locked property in the Isle of Wight. Settlement reached at round table meeting between four sets of solicitors;
- recovering possession for the Council and landlords against trespassers unknown;
- ensuring payments were made to our clients in accordance with the terms of an Option Agreement where the payee was refusing to pay claiming conditions had not been complied with
in time; and
- advised a large multi-national company in the leisure industry on a contract dispute recovering damages from a supplier who had used the wrong material when building one of the
I am the Chair of the South Coast Region of the Property Litigation Association and a member of the Southampton Property Association.