I am a specialist with over 30 years of experience in property and finance related matters dealing with:
- commercial and residential issues;
- landlord & tenant matters including leases, leasehold management, licences and variations;
- land options, conditional contracts, promotion agreements and related property development documentation; and
- acting for banks and financial institutions in perfecting title and securitisation of properties, portfolio assets and commercial transactions.
I work with my clients to understand their requirements and their objectives and the market area in which they operate so as to ensure that their objectives are met in as timely and efficient a manner as possible.
Charities and Education
I am a specialist with over 25 years of experience acting for charities and education establishments dealing with:
- charity law and practice;
- incorporation of charities, charity constitutional matters, mergers and collaborations;
- fundraising and funding agreements;
- trustees’ liabilities and responsibilities;
- charity property matters;
- education support both in the independent and state sector; and
- all aspects of academies including multi-academies and similar structures.
I have been a trustee of a large number of charities and governor of 3 special needs schools and am therefore familiar with the requirements of clients within the sector, their aspirations and expectations and the restraints on budgeting and financial prudence and the need for trustees to act in the best interests of the charity whilst supporting the beneficiaries that they serve.
I hold the following external offices.
- Chair of Winchester Hospice Fundraising Charity
- Chair of The Friends of St Nicolas
- Trustee of The Mayflower Theatre
- District Officer – Rotary International
- Governor of 3 special needs schools and an independent school
- Trustee of numerous charities in different sectors