Key Property Disputes Services
- Land Registry rectification claims and the adjudication of other land registration issues
- Option and overage disputes
- Restrictive covenant issues
- Rights of way/light and other easement disputes
- Adverse possession claims
- Business lease renewals
- Telecommunications code advice and disputes
- Notice to terminate leases or agreements to surrender early
- Break notices
- Injunctive proceedings
- Repair and dilapidations claims
- Possession, forfeiture and applications for relief
- Removal of trespassers and squatters
- Service charge disputes
- Claims for rent arrears
- Party wall, trespass and boundary disputes
- Leasehold enfranchisement
Property disputes work examples:
- Management of large nationwide retail & industrial portfolios for property investors/ asset managers from service of notices to contested lease renewal litigation under the Landlord & Tenant 1954 Act.
- Working with a private owner to ensure vacant possession is given to various commercial units so that they are ready for development.
- Advising blue chip/publicly listed tenant end users on all aspects of disputes that may arise with landlords/freeholders, from repair issues to contested applications to under let, assign or rent review arbitrations.
- Representing a landlord of large multi storey commercial office premises in Crawley with regard to implementing a change of service charge regime to the premises and dealing with the occupational tenant’s ensuing disputes.
- Advising leading car sales showroom owners on redevelopment plans that were enmeshed with having to bring various leases premises that had the benefit of the L&TA 1954 to an end to obtain vacant possession.
- Providing advice to landlord client of commercial public house premises on tenant’s inability to pay rents, what options were open in the pre & post Covid-19 arena to recoup the losses which ended in eventual surrender settlement with administrators of tenant company.
- Representing landowners, communities and individuals at public inquiries relating to village greens and upgrading of public rights of way.
- Serving schedule of dilapidations for large commercial client landowner in Southampton and assisting building surveyors in the resulting negotiations and diminution in value arguments raised concluding in settling the proceedings by court order.
How we work with you
Whilst based in the South of England, Paris Smith acts for businesses and families throughout the UK. Technology has enabled us to provide a high level of service to our clients whether they are local to our offices or not. Our advice can be given in many ways:
- Over the telephone
- Via video conferencing
- In face to face meetings
We will talk through how you would like to be contacted and the best ways for us to meet in our early conversations with you.
Meet the team
Our Commercial Property Disputes team is made up of 2 partners, 2 solicitors and 1 trainee solicitor. You can find their contact details below.